The Mapleton Chamber of Commerce’s purpose is to help the Mapleton community move forward and make improvements to the town. The group works towards promote the Mapleton, bring new businesses to the area and also assists existing businesses.
The Chamber meets the first Friday at each month at the Beef-N-Brew starting at Noon. The Chamber is looking for new members to help the organization come up with ideas to assist with Mapleton’s growth and development. Members are not limited to just businesses. Anyone in the community who is interested is welcomed to attend.
Projects the Chamber has been working on include putting together a Mapleton booklet, welcome bags for new residents, redesigning the Mapleton website, maintaining a Facebook page and hold ribbon cutting for new businesses. Community involvement is important to the Chamber as it has helped with a car/tractor show on the 4th of July, helped organize the Festival of Trees and a number of other events.
Memberships are the biggest form of funding for the Chamber. A yearly Chamber membership is $100 (tax deductible).
Your investment will stay in the community as all dollars go towards the development of Mapleton. Below are the benefits of being a Chamber member.
- Ambassador Calls – Recognition for new businesses or business expansions and remodels. This features a FREE photo and caption in the local paper and the monthly newsletter.
- Chamber Board – Only members are allowed to serve on the Chamber Board and participate in elections.
- Discounted Tickets to Chamber Events for example– As a member you will be eligible purchase a table of 8 for the Chamber Dinner for $350 (Buy 7 tickets, get one free).
- Educational Opportunities – The Chamber will look for and sponsor various educational opportunities for members.
- Town Promotions – Participate in activities, events and promotions to showcase our
- Mapleton Chamber of Commerce Facebook Page – Members will be able to share their upcoming events/announcement on our Facebook page.
- Welcome/Hospitality Bags – Given to new residents, businesses, tourists and groups who come to Mapleton, these have information about our town/promotion items from businesses.
- Business Incentives – Financial assistance is available to new & existing businesses. Just talk to the Chamber for more information.
- Newsletter – Chamber members will receive monthly newsletters by email. Chamber businesses will have the opportunity to make announcements in the newsletter.
- Representation – The Chamber is a voice for members at the Monona County Economic Development meetings and will continue to explore other ways to promote Mapleton.
- Special events – Your investment supports community events and promotions that bring potential customers to Mapleton. (Hwy 141 Garage Sales, Small Business Saturday, 4th of July)
- Window Sticker/Sign – Proudly display this on your door or front window. An easy way for visitors to find our Chamber Members.
The other source of funding comes from the annual Chamber Dinner. The annual dinner is held each year in February/March that includes a catered meal, silent auction and entrainment.
Mapleton is fortunate to have a strong business district, a number of recreational attractions, a wide range of medical services and a top of the class school system. Your financial contribution is appreciated, but the group also needs your time and energy to accomplish our goals.
The Chamber has provided financial assistance to businesses in Mapleton. If you are a new business and looking for assistance please complete the Business Application form.
The Mapleton Chamber of Commerce was the former Maple Valley Development Inc. (MVDI) that was incorporated in 1988. MVDI was involved in a variety of projects both large and small including the renovation of the Mapleton Pool, Maple Valley School’s bond issue for a new high school and gymnasium. MVDI took the lead role in bringing Revival Animal Health to Mapleton.